- Perform a risk/vulnerability assessment - to identify risks to personal safety
- Authorisation – have a procedure for deciding if travel should take place
- Training – policy communication, security briefings, situation awareness; informed travellers are better prepared
- Mitigate – minimise risk by providing secure transportation or close protection
- Track – know where travellers are
- Monitor - be aware of active or emerging threats and incidents that could impact business travellers and assets
- In a major incident, employ a system to:
Alert: who is there and are they safe?
Divert: who is en-route and needs to be diverted?
Stop: who is due to travel and needs to be stopped?
Respond: invoke incident/crisis management plans for impacted travellers