Blog 13 May, 2022 Back
Mental Health Awareness - Managing Anxiety
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Working with our experienced Anvil team of clinicians we have produced a series of Mental Wellbeing documents. By combining both clinical and commercial expertise, our advanced approach to Occupational Health will help you safeguard the health and wellbeing of your employees and protect your organisation.
The two most common mental health conditions are:
Anxiety Disorders – More than 18% of adults each year struggle with some type of anxiety disorder, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder (panic attacks), generalised anxiety disorder and specific phobias.
Mood Disorders – Mood disorders, such as depression and bipolar depression, affect nearly 10% of adults each year and are characterised by difficulties in regulating one’s mood.
In the first document of our mental wellbeing series we cover anxiety, our medical team have created an Anxiety First Aid Kit, for fast ways to manage anxiety.
Anxiety can become a mental health problem if it impacts your ability to live your life as fully as you want to. For example, it may be a problem if:
- your feelings of anxiety are very strong or last for a long time
- your fears or worries are out of proportion to the situation
- you avoid situations that might cause you to feel anxious
- your worries feel very distressing or are hard to control
- you regularly experience symptoms of anxiety, which could include panic attacks
- you find it hard to go about your everyday life or do things you enjoy.
To help identify the symptoms and types of anxiety, our first aid kit comes in two parts:
1. Emergency Care For Anxiety
A one page set of instructions for what to do if you are experiencing heightened anxiety or if you are having an anxiety attack.
To build resilience for when your anxiety is stable.
At Anvil we provide a comprehensive range of services to support the physical and psychological health of both your static and travelling employees. Our Occupational Health Services will help you operate globally with confidence, knowing that you are able to:
- Provide safe and dynamic workplaces for your employees
- Proactively manage employee health and wellbeing
- Comply with the varying global rules and regulations
- Fulfil your duty of care requirements
Contact us to discuss the best package of services to support your business. Call us +44(0)20 7938 4221 (UK) or +1 (813) 514-6276 (US) Email email@example.com